Plant-Based Foods Market Analysis
Plant-based has officially hit mainstream, but it's still growing, and full of opportunities to respond to this new market, with both consumers who choose the lifestyle for health and those who choose the products for social and cultural reasons.
And, plant-based consumers are diverse, ethnically, economically and age-wise. The plant-based consumer is an aware, engaged consumer who values many progressive and health related attributes. They expect a lot from brands.
This analysis looks at the rise of plant-based products in meat and dairy alternatives, introduces the plant-based consumer, and shows how plant-based products have become established with mainstream consumers. The report also breaks down the diversity of plant-based consumers and the opportunities to think beyond alternatives to meat and dairy.
The report includes:
- 23 charts on plant-based consumer demographics
- 2 plant-based market sizing charts
In addition to the NBJ's market sizing methodology, this market analysis draws from NEXT Data & Insights survey data.
The survey data…
- Was collected online during June of 2021
- Is nationally representative of U.S. consumers aged 16 and older
- Includes 1,000 interviews that are census balanced on age, income, gender, region, race, and ethnicity
- Includes an additional 350 interviews among Hispanic, Black, and Asian consumers to support diversity and inclusion analysis and goals