Frequently Asked Questions
About our data & insights:
- We are happy to discuss your data needs to see if a custom set of data is possible. Please contact our Senior Manager of Data & Insights Claire Morton Reynolds if you are looking for custom data.
- NBJ defines the natural and organic products industry as including dietary supplements, natural and organic food and beverage, functional food and beverage, and natural and organic personal care and household products. View NBJ’s full Data Model and Methodology.
- NBJ recognizes that you can’t run your business simply by looking at what has happened in the past. Smart companies look to future market trends. Thus, NBJ estimates generally include 3 to 5 years of industry forecasts to help executives construct market-based business plans.
These forecasts are derived from NBJ’s in-depth understanding of the industry. A few of the factors NBJ considers are past performance, industry maturity, media, science, ingredient trends, trade shows, parallel industries, and the economy. View NBJ’s full Data Model and Methodology.
NBJ’s general model of the natural and organic products industry segments consumer sales for six sales channels: Natural and Specialty Retail, Mass Market Retail, Internet, Practitioner, MLM/Network Marketing, and Mail Order/DRTV/Radio. Readers will see the same sales channel breakouts for most of NBJ’s data, with a few exceptions noted on page 7 of the complete Data Model and Methodology.
About our products:
- In addition to the report's PDF we will send an excel document of raw data as well as a PowerPoint.
- A single subscription is $1395 and covers 11 issues per year. Each issue has approximately 15-17 topic related data charts along with a wealth of up-to-the-minute information on what is happening in our ever-changing industry. You can contact our Senior Business Development Manager Cindy Van Schouwen directly with specific questions or if you’d like a sample issue.
- Yes, we encourage this! Please remember to cite the Nutrition Business Journal as your source.
Discounts, customer service, order inquiries
- All Nutrition Business Journal subscribers are eligible for a 10% discount. Please contact our Senior Business Development Manager Cindy Van Schouwen if you'd like to become a subscriber.
- Most major credits cards are accepted through this store. If you'd like to pay via invoice, money order, wire transfer, or AHC payments; please contact our Senior Business Development Manager Cindy Van Schouwen.
- You will receive the report within 24 hours. (However, usually sooner.)
- We use FileOpen, which is a digital rights management system. You will have credentials sent directly to you. If any issues arise reach out to our Senior Business Development Manager Cindy Van Schouwen.
Drop element here